Sunday, December 13, 2009

Why can't I wear red lipstick without looking like a kid playing dress-up?

I am in my early 30s.





I have very fair olive/Asian skin, brown eyes and black hair.





You would think I'd be the perfect candidate for red lipstick but it looks ridiculous. I look like a kid playing dress up.





My skin does look white sometimes as I am very pale for an Asian, and have anaemia, so I look washed out sometimes.





I stick to pale lipsticks but would really like to wear red sometimes.





Is it possible?Why can't I wear red lipstick without looking like a kid playing dress-up?
I LOVE red lipstick and I wear it all the time, I also have really fair skin.











Also sometimes I just use the red underneath and then blend a lighter colour over it just to tone it down.





Revlon have just bought out a new matt finish range, try the new red in that and then put your regular lipstick over the top.Why can't I wear red lipstick without looking like a kid playing dress-up?
Haha, I have the same problem. I would love to wear it, because its so darling and retro, but I look so bad in it.





What I do, is I pick a flat colored red lipstick. I put lipbalm on my lips first, then I put just a touch of the red lipstick on. I kinda just dot it on my lips very lightly. Then I blend it to cover my lips, and I add a nude lipgloss on top. It makes it to where I have the reddish color, but its not overwhelming.
Try different shades of red, rather than a fire-truck red colour.





I think with your skin tone, a light berry or rusty orange-red would suit you best. :)





You could also try the make-up counters in department or designer stores near you, and ask the advice of a shop assistant at the make-up counter
For some people, it just doesn't work and look good on them. Try using a different shade of red. Maybe not fire engine red, but a bit of a darker, not so flashy, but still classy, red. Also, make sure you DON'T have a lot of eye makeup on, because that is too much with red lips. You want there to be a balance.








Hope I helped %26amp; Good Luck!





xoxo,


Erica
Go to a makeup counter in your local mall. They'll sit you down and try different looks on you and give you the review of a professional and an everyday person. A helpful tip would be to post a picture with you wearing red lips and nude lips on yahoo answer for the readers to decide.
Red lipsticks are made with different colored undertones...some blue and some like an orange color. You probably need the orange undertoned red. You will be shocked at the difference. I bet you will look gorgeous. Just ask a clerk behind the counter to show and explain the difference before you buy. They ';may'; have free samples -just ask. Good luck.
Try a deep red to compliment your skin tone. And don't forget to line your lips! (if you don't people often apply right from the tube and your get it on some of the area around your lip)





Hope i helped:)
Yes it is possible


just make sure to apply it right and blot your lips,


also, the rest of your makeup should be toned down when going for red lips :)
Get someone elses opinion, you might actually look great! Could you just be shocked at how pretty you look?
yes its very possible.


red lipstick looks best on fair skinned people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting domains