Sunday, December 13, 2009

Red Lipstick?

can someone please critique my photo?





http://www.flickr.com/photos/22704500@N0鈥?/a>Red Lipstick?
Nice, even the spot color works for this. There are blemishes I find so distracting it ruins the image:


http://www.flickr.com/photos/9972994@N04鈥?/a>


And, the clear plastic tube (bottom left) and its reflection could have a more uniform look.Red Lipstick?
Your watermark is not nearly as obtrusive as some I've seen. If you want to get rid of it, be aware that you can go to ';Your Account'; from the links at the bottom of the page on Flickr and select ';Privacy %26amp; Permissions.'; The first option is, ';Who can download your photos?'; If you set this to, ';Only you,'; nobody will be able to look at anything but the first screen image and they will get a spaceball if they try to right click and save the image. It won't stop them from doing a screen capture, of course, but the image they steal will be pretty small and not of much use.





As NameDeleted said, when you do product photography, as mentioned, you have to be sure to wipe fingerprints and residue from the product. You might not see it until after the fact, but it's good to try to clean it up in post if you do notice it.





Overall, I like this, though. If you are going to use selective color, this is at least a decent application of the technique. In my opinion. I like the way the silver is almost black and white anyhow.
Cool.





I really liked this technique when I first saw it, but it has become a monumental cliche.
I have enjoyed looking at your photos--but I am sorry to say that the watermark really gets in the way.





I realize that you do not want people to steal your photos--but it's almost like looking at a beautiful painting behind a frosted window.





No hard feelings, I hope.
pretty nice image. Keep it up. share more please
I think its really nice. I think it might look a little nicer if you made the shadows a little darker, and just faded the red a LITTLE bit.. but that's just me.
Nicely shot.





Selective colouring is obvious and a cliche.





Ditch the watermark -- it screams newbie.





V2K1
Ooooooohhhh, that looks cool!
I think it would look better without the selective coloring. Do you have the original to compare it to?





Other than that, I really like it. You have really been improving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting domains