Friday, December 11, 2009

My child smeared a valuable Steiff teddy bear with red lipstick. How do I get it out?

The dry cleaner won't even look at itMy child smeared a valuable Steiff teddy bear with red lipstick. How do I get it out?
Ohhh, what a disaster. I have a collection of Steiff myself and can sympathize.





First of all, I absolutely agree with the previous poster's suggestion that you contact Steiff Inc. Their CS is very good, and I'm sure they have dealt with similar dilemmas in the past... and probably far worse than lipstick!





If for some reason they can't help, here is what *I* would do... There's a product called ';Motsenbocker's Lift-Off #2'; (sounds like something from the old'n days, eh? ;-)





This product will remove just about anything.... from... just about anything. It *does* remove lipstick, and I theorize that since it's color/fabric safe... (it's often used on carpet and upholstery) it would be suitable for the prized plush.





I'm sure you realize that regardless of what you use... it's not going to be perfect, but getting it clean and hopefully stain-free... will result in your being able to display it once again.





Here's the site where you can purchase the ';Mots';... it's $15.19 for 47 oz:





http://www.doityourself.com/stry/lipstic鈥?/a>





Hope it's helpful.. Good Luck!My child smeared a valuable Steiff teddy bear with red lipstick. How do I get it out?
For washable items you'd use glycerine or petroleum jelly, after scraping off the excess. For non-washable items you'd use a proprietary stain remover. Being such a valuable item I'd seek professional advice. Try contacting Steiff.com. Good luck.
  • student loan consolidation
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    web hosting domains