Friday, June 25, 2010

Can people with blonde hair and green eyes wear red lipstick?

I feel as though i look weird with red lipstick on..





i am not tanned nor pale


i have hazel green eyes


i pluck my eyebrows thin


i have blonde hair


oval shaped face








when i wear red lipstick i look weird, but i love red lipstick :( id love to be able to wear it





any idea why it doesnt suit me? or have you seen other people with my description that can wear red lipstick?Can people with blonde hair and green eyes wear red lipstick?
Like others have said, I think you've probably tried reds that don't suit you---but there are some out there that do! I have had problems finding suitable reds myself. I used to wear them more when I was a bit younger, so unfortunately many of the ones I've used seem to have diappeared from stores as I slowly use up what I've already got. There are still a couple of things I can recommend for you, though.





If you want a fully colored red lip, it helps to use, or at least start with, a stain. That way when it wears a little, you don't get a color change to something that doesn't look right. I used to use Benetint by Benefit, but I've also tried many others. These days I used Vincent Longo lip and cheek gel in Cupid's Breath (more toward the orange) or Liquid Kiss (more toward the purple). Even though I definitely am suited to cool shade, I think that I used to wear too cool of red shades, and that can look too purply, so be aware. Tons of companies have lip tints/stains now, so you could take your pick. It's probably best to try at a department store, though, because otherwise you won't be able to test it on your skin. For your staple, try to choose a red that looks most like an extreme of the way your cheeks look when you get overheated.





Then you can use a nice sheer red over that. One that seems to work well for people who have troubles with red is Bobbi Brown's Ruby Lip Sheer. I currently use a discontinued Revlon color myself, but used to use this one and will again when I can no longer get my current one. This was one of few lipsticks I actually used up and bought several times. I chose this one to recommend also because it looks great even without a lip stain beneath. It's sheer enough so that it sort of lets the natural color of your lips mix with the red and create a soft red that's suited to you because it's partly your own lip color. Bobbi Brown's line has a lot of nice reds that look natural, because she was one of the first people to create a makeup line that presented itself as ';nude';---her reds started out as the most natural-looking red you could find (and you can still see those reds in her options). So if you wanted something creamier or a gloss, you could try those.





If you're using a red lipstick, you will probably find that you need to line your lips to prevent the color from melting around. Sometimes mixing a lip liner with a red lipstick can change the color. Cargo has a lipliner that is clear, so you can totally avoid that issue.





If you find yourself looking for a red in a drugstore, definitely stay away from strong reds, and go more for one with a bit of rose, berry, or mango (whichever is more the lipstick color you usually do use). I'd still steer you toward the stain-sheer combo, but if you get a cream or a matte, sometimes just rubbing it in a bit with a finger can mute it to a more ';you'; color. Just stay away from Lor茅al's British Red Coat! I have met *one* person who could work with it, but she's the exception, and even she hasn't worn it since about 1988. :)Can people with blonde hair and green eyes wear red lipstick?
I am in the same boat as you. Blonde hair, olive green eyes. It really depends on your skin tone. You see, people are often lumped into ';cool'; and ';warm'; skintones. Blondes with darker green eyes often have warm skin, but are also ';cool'; due to their hair color. It makes finding a bright lipstick hard.





I look horrible in all reds, although many blondes with green eyes look great, especially if they are very pale. I tend to get pink cheeks and flush easily.





I would suggest trying a copper/gold lipstick or gloss on top of a ';warm'; red shade. Just ask for ';warm'; shades at the makeup counter. You can also try cool shades if you find this doesn't work. Glosses will probably look better than lipsticks, but it's your call.





I usually try to find NEUTRAL shades (hard to do), and I mostly wear clear gloss (Lancome Star Gloss).





Good luck!
Yes, you just need to find the proper shade for you skin tone. Try a red with blue undertones. Go to a good make-up counter %26amp; they will help you find one that is perfect for you.





Everyone can wear red lipstick- there are lots of shades of red.
Ermmm, of course they can, they go to the shop, buy it, put it on
I dont really know, I think you should go for a lighter pinker-red thats what I wear. Normally blondes wanna stick to pale pinks, i've never seen a blonde girl wearing dark lipstick.
Ok girrl.... of course you just need to apply a 2 shade darker lip pencil ( prefferibly thinner ) and then your fav RED lipstick and your good to go.





Have you seen Christina Aguilera lately almost the same.


Girrrl hope this helps
Finally someone who can relate! I am blonde with green eyes,a nd i'll tell you what, finding one thta doesn't make me look like a deranged hooker is difficult. Make sure it has more of a pinkish tint. Not bright barbie pink, but soft, natural looking pink or even a pinkish-brown town, but make sure you don't go too dark. Straight red is never good on us, even though we aren't pale, it makes us look like vampires. A light berry tone is good, and so is a dirty-red with light brown or tan tones. We do not want to look like Courtney Love. Not good.
I think you'd look hot with red lipstick! Do it girl!
I can relate. I have hazel eyes and blond-brownish hair, but I feel like I look ridiculous with red lipstick.


If your skin has a pinkish undertone, red lipstick tends to look too harsh. Try a reddish berry shade, or a red that is slightly orange (depending on your exact skin tone). I also discovered that red lip stains and lip gloss tend to look way better.
i dont think it suits u becuz it is such a big statement becuz u have bblonde hair... i would use a pink!
try different shades of red. there are blue shades, orange shades, etc. you might still be able to wear it, you just have to find the right undertones. good luck!
of course you can wear it, but u might like it but not on your self. Probably because you have in your mind that green and red don't go together or remind you of Christmas, but trust me it looks fine!
I have Hazel eyes and Blonde hair as well... And I love Red Lipstick to... But I cannot wear it... With our skin, hair and eyes we look better in Glossy Browns and Creams... Even some light pinks... But not red... Victoria Secret has a nice line of Lip Glosses... Check them out! Try the Chocolate, Mocha and Strawberry Fizz!! I have found they work with what I got!! Good Luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting domains